Did you secure an interview with a preschool or daycare center for your dream job? Congrats! We've got you covered with a list of the 10 most common questions that you're likely to be asked in your interview.
Reading through this list and preparing your answers in advance will help you impress your potential employers and demonstrate your readiness to make a positive impact on young lives. We recommend spending 30-60 minutes writing out your responses and practicing them with a friend or family member. Ready to jump in? See below for the interviews your most likely to be asked during a preschool or daycare job interview:
- Why are you interested in becoming a preschool teacher?
- What is your favorite age group to work with? Do you have any ages that you will not work with?
- In previous roles, what have you loved most? What has been the most challenging for you?
- Does this position align with your career goals?
- Tell me about a time you had to handle a challenging behavior with a child. What was the situation and how did you overcome it?
- The children are lining up to go outside and you have a couple in the corner who are not making their way to the line, despite your verbal prompts. Tell me about what you would do next to help them join the line.
- Give me an example of a way you would encourage the parent and school relationship in your classroom. (For example, creating a newsletter, hosting a parent event to showcase work, take home folders, conferences, etc)
- Tell me about a play-based, developmentally appropriate activity you would plan for your class that would incorporate the theme of your choice.
- It’s a child’s first day of school and they are having a tough time transitioning. Tell me about what you would do to incorporate the child into the current activity, as well as some sentiments you would share with the parent or caregiver dropping off.
- What will you bring to our team and school culture?
Want to continue preparing for your interview. Check out our other tips for preparing for a preschool job interview here.